Dover Youth Football League, Inc
Player Code of Conduct – PLAYER COPY (One copy must be returned to the coach)
- Remember that in life and sports, you are always responsible for your own actions.
- Realize that school comes before sports and it is your responsibility to keep your grades at a level that is acceptable to your parents.
- Always respect your coaches, teammates, parents, opponents and officials.
- Never argue with the officials. If you disagree, have your captain or coach approach them to resolve it.
- Dedicate yourself to the development of good sportsmanship, teamwork and discipline both on and off the field.
- Attend every practice and game that you can, prepared physically (water, cleats, helmet and pads already on) and mentally. Inform your coach when you cannot be there as soon as possible.
- Take the time to learn the rules of the game and always play by them. If you do not understand, ask your coaches or parents to explain it to you.
- Leave the game on the field, don’t carry it to the car or home with you.
- Never use profanity or negative gestures toward fellow teammates, opposing players, coaches, officials or parents.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays, whether by teammates or opposition.
- Treat all participants in your sport as you would like to be treated.
- Encourage your teammates at all times.
- Listen and learn from your coaches.
- Be a player that respects the great game of football and play to promote football to the best of your abilities.
I have read and understand the Players Code of Conduct and I promise to abide by it.
Player Signature Date
Player Name Date